It’s a pandemic and everyone is taking a higher level of precaution. Precautions with their food, leisure activities, and in their jobs. Despite all of these precautions career goals still must be achieved which stems the question; should you take a beauty class online or go to a LIVE in-class training?
When it comes to choosing an in-person class or an online class you want to choose the best learning style that fits you best. If you are a visual person and a quick learner then maybe an online class is best. If you are a person who takes in information at a slower rate and thrives when you have an instructor there to help you then you may be ideal for the in-person class. Whichever learning method you choose, let’s weigh the pros and cons of both.
- You can learn at your own pace. You know your learning style therefore you can go as fast or slow as you like as long as you process the information.
- Online classes cost less. If the instructor pre-recorded the lessons, you can always watch it at a convenient time for you.
- Almost no class cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances.
- You can do it from the comforts of your own home or wherever you want. It’s the freedom of location that attracts most.
- You get a kit with tools via mail.
- You get a life-time access to all pre-recorded videos of the entire training.
- You get certification once you complete all the classes and homework.
- Access to online support chat with instructor.
- Opportunity to sign up for one-on-one class with instructor and model to practice the skills at our Beverly Hills location.
- Not everyone attending the online class may learn at a rapid pace so frustration may occur.
- If it is a pre-corded lesson you cannot ask questions live time, but we offer a support chat so all the questions will be answered.
- Lack of student to student and student to instructor interaction. You could be missing out on potential career opportunities.
- One learning pace. Your learning pace doesn’t matter because everyone is learning at the same pace.
- Instructors are industry professionals. You can see first hand how a professional does it since videos do not always capture all angles.
- Access to models. The models are already there so you do not have to scour or pay a model.
- Real-world experience. Similar to how you will work in the real world this classroom environment will prepare you with a group of individuals in salons and spas. It will help you adapt quickly.
- In-person classes can be very expensive. Tools, school-associated fees, parking, gas and etc. It all adds up.
- Time management. If you struggle with being on time then this structured schedule will not work.
- Canceling class. Any type of canceling specifically for a personal issues is frowned upon because of the information you are missing and will need in your career.
Whichever type of beauty classes you choose to take be sure that you weigh the options. Yes, we are experiencing a pandemic currently but in LIVE in-class training is still available. For more information about our classes, please contact us directly.